Saturday, November 21, 2015

D.E.V. Jarod & Hannah

DEV PROJECT
BY: Hannah and Jarod Chrome


Part 1:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2FU-h0fwLgw


Part 2:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlvURisRmY


Part 3:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKY6IvGRmc


Jarod's reflection:

We chose the concepts we did it to create the problem set because it was all types of problems that Hannah and I both knew really well. These were problems that Hannah and I knew we had the ability to challenge ourselves on to make more complicated.

These problems provide an overview on our mathematical understanding of what we have learned so far by how it shows we can take kind of basic problems, and complicate them to test ourselves.  By being able to do this, Hannah and I have demonstrated that we have a very advanced knowledge on these type of problems.  These problems also portray the extent of Hannah's and my knowledge over all three units we were tested on by how our project shows that we understand basic problems, and more complicated problems.

By completing this assignment, I have learned that challenging yourself educationally earlier in the class will eventually help you out later in the class. In this case, testing myself early in the class helped me on this project because I was able to understand more complicated problems, and therefore make my project better.


Hannah's reflection: We chose the concepts we did for several reasons.  Jarod and I both felt like we had a strong basic knowledge of the four concepts, and we felt like we could challenge ourselves to make them into slightly more difficult problems. Also, if one of us wasn't as good at a certain area, it helped to have the other explain it a little more in time for the upcoming exam.
   
Jarod and I came up with these problems ourselves.  On most of them, we had to work backwards to get to the beginning so we could have a problem that we knew would work.  I think that if we have the skill to work these problems out backwards, we defiantly know them regularly.  Also, we added a bit more challenging aspects to some of the problems, and since we solved them ourselves it shows that our mathematical understanding of what we have learned so far goes beyond basic knowledge.

My understanding of the composition of functions got a lot better during this project.  Going through the problem we had on that, and trying to remember what we had learned reinforced it better into my brain.



No comments:

Post a Comment